Updated: Mar 3
Hey gorgeous! My name is Kia. Welcome to my blog! I'm a natural hair enthusiast turned master cosmetologist. On my site, you can expect business tips, hair tips, product reviews and more! Check back periodically or follow me on IG or Youtube to see what I'm up to.
This post is going to be about how to start a braiding business for free in 2020. My business started on accident. I was trying to make some extra money for shopping and travel and before I knew it I was renting a space and growing a clientele. You might be thinking it how Sway? So let's jump into the steps:
1. Use yourself as a model- Would you buy a product from someone who wouldn't/doesn't use the product themselves? Chances are the answer is NO! Also, you are free and available for marketing purposes. So model your product!
2. Take lots of pictures and market them on social media- Social media is a free platform with millions of users some of them are potential clients waiting for you to start your business.
3. Create a price list- Have set prices or a menu you can share online whether its a note from your phone that you screenshot and post, a text-gram, or a service menu on Facebook.
4. Quality over Quantity- Do not... I repeat.... DO NOT advertise services that you don't feel confident executing. Start with a few services and expand as needed.
5. Research license requirements in your state- Chances are if you are only braiding hair and not cutting, coloring, or altering the natural hair then you will not need a hair license but a business license may be required.
6. Start from home- If you are comfortable to take appointments in your house. I literally started my business in the living room of my two-bedroom apartment with a roommate and two dogs. Note: if you are not comfortable taking clients in your home you can always travel to the client. If you want to know more about how to determine your travel fee click here or watch the video below.
How To Start A Braid Business
Talk to you soon!