34 Life Lessons I've Learned | Birthday Blog Post
Updated: Aug 10, 2020
Hey gorgeous! My name is Kia. Welcome to my blog! I'm a natural hair enthusiast turned master cosmetologist. On my site, you can expect business tips, hair tips, product reviews, and more! Check back periodically or follow me on IG or Youtube to see what I'm up to.
I want to take today to reflect on some of the life lessons I've learned. These lessons come from good experiences and some from bad experiences however, they've come into my life and helped shape me into the 34-year-old woman I am today. Over the years I've learned so much about life, money, relationships, and entrepreneurship. I won't dive into the stories behind these lessons but hopefully, they resonate with you anyway.
1. Don't let other people's limiting beliefs stop you from pursuing the life of your dreams.
2. Everyone can't come on your journey.
3. Do it scared!
4. Boundaries are self-care.
5. All money isn't good money
6. Everyone isn't your client (customer).
7. Excuses are tools of the weak to build monuments of nothingness.
8. You are the sum of the 5 people you hang around most.
9. A friend is someone who knows everything about you and loves you anyway.
10. Iron sharpens iron.
11. Be like a duck, learn to let the water roll down your back.
12. If you feed a man fish he will eat for a day, if you teach him to fish he will eat for a lifetime.
13. lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
14. A "SHIP" is designed to take you places. So if your friendSHIP, partnerSHIP, companionSHIP or relationSHIP isn't taking you anywhere ABANDON SHIP.
15. Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today!
16. Pay yourself first.
17. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
18. Multiple streams of income are not optional!
19. Save for a rainy day.
20. Hurt people, hurt people.
21. The customer is not always right.
22. If you'll lie, you'll cheat, if you'll cheat, you'll steal, if you'll steal...
23. If you rely on other people to make you happy they'll get it wrong every time.
24. Life is short.
25. God got me!
26. Go the extra mile it's not crowded.
27. Under-promise and over-deliver.
28. Don't take advice from people who haven't been where you're going.
29. Some people are in your life for a reason, season, or lifetime.
30. Always bet on you.
31. If you believe you can or you can't either way you're right.
32. Life and death are in the power of the tongue.
33. Prayer changes things.
34. Never stop learning.
I honestly could have kept going, probably even up to 50 but we'll save some for the book! Life is full of lessons, as a matter of fact, let me hit you with a little bonus... there's a blessing in every lesson and don't miss it cause you'll keep experiencing the same thing until you do! I'll wrap this up here... hit me on IG and tell me what your favorite lesson was or if you have some lesson that I didn't mention. Also, make sure you check me out on YouTube!
Talk to you soon!